lunes, 21 de junio de 2010

FURIA ROJA world cup 2010

I am born and raised in Los Angeles, I carry a US passport so ultimately my loyalties lie with the US National World Cup team. With that said I am also just a little obsessed with the Spanish Team. More than half the players are on the F C Barcelona team during the year, so it makes it easy to love them.

The other half of the team is from Real Madrid. I am not usually a fan but Casillas, the goalie is adorable, and Sergio Ramos is such a drama queen that he is fun to watch as he takes everything so personally.

There is so much talk about the teams potential to win this years world cup, as the European Champions. From a non-technical point of view, the reason they seem to me to have such a solid shot, is that they almost all play together during the year on club teams. Almost all. Our dear striker, El nino Fernando Torres, plays in the English Premier League.

Our boys play as a team, their cooperation is evident. All we need to win this world cup, well, is MESSI!!!!! Our back and mid field is solid. Even Barca's pretty boy Pique is bleeding all over the place taking hits for the team. But our shots aren't going in the goal. It makes me realize the Barcelona's team is mainly Catalan except our strikers. At least in my short 5 years of following the team. Ronaldihno (Brazil), Eto'o (Cameroon), Henri(France), Ibrahimovic (Sweden), Messi (Argentina).

David Villa was most recently signed to FC Barcelona, and is one of the strikers along with Torres on the Spanish team. Villa's almost-hat-trick today was sign that we may be back on track.

I'll keep watching and keep believing!